Honours And Awards

Applications for any Service Medals or any other Honour or Award must be made personally and in writing stating as much detail as possible to assist in tracing your service record. The minimum information should include:

* Full name and date of birth.
* Regimental Number.
* Dates of enlistment/Discharge.
* Last Unit you served with and date.
* Details of medals or Awards claimed.

Written applications should be sent to:

Directorate of Honours and Awards
Locked Bag 2003
Cooma. NSW. 2630

Be prepared for at least 12 to 18 months delay as they have a huge backlog of applications ahead of yours.

Certificate of Service:

This is a very impressive document that lists the details of your service as well as any Medals or Awards you are entitled to. It will be signed by the Chief of Army, or someone of similar importance and can be framed to make a very nice trophy to go "straight to the poolroom".

Applications for Certificates of Service should be in writing and sent to:

Central Army Records Office
GPO Box. 393d
Melbourne Victoria. 3001

For those who have served in the units of RWAR or our predecessors, you are entitled to these recognitions of that service and should apply as soon as possible, if you have not done so already. Your children and grandchildren are entitled to know about your service to our nation.